Guide to Promotional Products
Whether you're trying to build your company's brand or bring awareness to a passionate cause you're supporting, find everything from drink containers to pens, clothing and bags to shout out your message. Look for tech accessory giveaways, leisure products like sunglasses, and health and wellness items — all with your logo or saying on them, all in Walmart's business shop and all at our Every Day Low Prices.
- Uncommon items: Corporate gifts, or executive gifts, are different from trade show and awareness items. Corporate gifts require more thought to what the receiver would likely use and appreciate. You're demonstrating your thoughtfulness more than anything with a corporate gift for the holidays. Consider a Bluetooth speaker or wireless charging pad as a premium gift with your logo.
- Be selective: You don't need to give corporate gifts to everyone. Give fewer, more meaningful gifts to your best clients and closest business associates. A beautiful paperweight with your etched logo or a classic wood desktop clock is a gift that will find a place in your client's office or home.
- Awards: Don't wait for the holidays to give a corporate gift. Give your best clients or staff memorable award plaques. Acrylic awards with etched messages come in shapes ranging from teardrop to circular, wave and mountain peak.
- Executive tools: High-end etched pen sets and business card holders are still well-loved, frequently used and classic corporate gifts.
- Events: Awareness events that take place in your community are a great way to spread your message and show how much your company cares about causes. Or, decide on a national day or month, like Earth Day (April 22) and National Breast Cancer Awareness month (in October), to send out awareness products. For example, for Earth Day, send out recycled water bottles as promotional gifts. For October, send out pink ribbon items such as bracelets, stress balls or magnets.
- Apparel and bags: Apparel, such as T-shirts, are often used for awareness giveaways because they offer the most space for the longest messages. Include your company logo and tagline plus the event's information all on one product. Drawstring bags are useful items that also offer lots of space to print your messages.
- Team items: Outdoor items with team and event logos include lawn chairs, umbrellas, picnic baskets and insulated coolers. For bigger-batch giveaways, consider printed beach balls, sunglasses and golf accessories.
- Inspirational and commemorative items: Spread a message of hope and healing and honor special moments with thoughtful giveaways, such as a glass block with an etched message or small etched frame.
Trade Shows and Events
- Giveaways: The best branded giveaways, also called swag, are offered at trade shows. The right giveaways can generate leads and bring awareness to your brand at the same time. Be sure to buy in bulk.
- Immediate use items: Give away items that will be immediately used by attendees, such as tote bags, writing tools, hand sanitizers and drinkware.
- Frequently used items: Give items that will be used frequently, even if not immediately at the show. Consider key chain flashlights, phone chargers and other tech accessories.
- Long life span: Consider giveaways that are durable and reusable long after the trade event. Branded reusable water bottles, T-shirts, totes, tech accessories and even lip balm are considered high-value giveaways to trade show attendees. Consider promotional items made in the U.S.A. They'll likely hold up well thanks to quality manufacturing.
- Weddings: Whip up a batch of personalized items to give away at your wedding, including sunglasses for a summer wedding, can cozies for a beach wedding and garment bags for destination weddings.
Design It Online
- Tools: Use the Walmart Promo Shop's online design tool to create your own text, logo or graphics on the product of your choice. You can resize, rotate or move it all around until it's perfect for your needs.
- Help: Contact the Promotional Product Experts to help you with your order. Chat online or call toll free 866-521-6212 for help and questions. Experts can also help you find giveaways under a dollar each and items with minimum quantity orders.
- Screen printing: Used on fabrics and plastics, this type of printing uses coats of ink pressed through a fine mesh screen to create the logo or design. Screen printing may last longer on fabric than heat transfer designs.
- Embossing/debossing: Ideal for leather, vinyl and even chocolate promo items, this method offers a three-dimensional raised impression or depression for your logo or design.
- Embroidery: Computer-controlled sewing machines stitch your logo, design and message onto fabric. An image is scanned into a computer to create the stitch pattern.
- Foil stamp: This method uses a metallic foil resin that's heated, colored and applied with pressure on the surface of an item.
- Etching: Used for acrylic items, this method creates crisp, clear logos, messages and designs on your promotional awards.
- Laser engraving: Used for numerous items, including glass, stainless steel, wood and aluminum, this method offers clean, precisely engraved logos and designs.
- Heat transfers: Also used on fabrics, this printing method presses vinyl designs and images with a heated press onto the item. This is a better printing method for multicolored or complex images.
- Pad print: A silicone rubber transfer pad and film of ink on a photo-etched printing plate create and transfer the design to material.